Monday, June 23, 2014

Back to Reality

This last month has been such a whirlwind! It was so nice to be with both sides of my family during that time. Now, it's time to get everything back in order and as usual, things have changed again as we are having a friend stay with us for a while.

This last month was huge for Matthew and his development! He's starting to eat real food and is much more mobile! He loves waffles, bananas, kix cereal, and will tolerate eggs. He tries to eat just about anything I give him, but he'll definitely let me know if he's not interested in something.

Matthew is now crawling short distances, rolling around, pushing up to sit on his own, and pulling up to stand when holding our hands. It's great to see him so mobile and he's definitely happier now that he can make his way around the room a little more and get what he wants. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he's crawling after the cat!

The house is a mess and I'm working on a lot of laundry, picking up, and cleaning today, but I'm sure it will take a little while for it to be back to normal. Before we left to see my mom, we had five more people staying here which always makes things interesting, but they did a great job of picking up before they left which was super helpful.

Getting back to the daily grind is bittersweet, but Matthew is doing great! He's napping like a pro and sleeping well overnight (even if he does still wake up to eat 1-2 times per night...help!). He's been sleeping later than usual which is awesome and I feel a little more well rested because of it. We have a busy week ahead of us and the weather here has been hot and humid so that's always fun with my husband trying to be super frugal and not turning the air on unless I'm dying. But, overall I'm glad to be home and with my two favorite guys.

No comments: