Monday, June 8, 2015

29 Weeks Baby #2

I am SO excited to be getting closer and closer to meeting this little girl. This pregnancy has definitely been an emotional rollercoaster and I'm so thankful that we've only got 10 weeks left or less!

I saw my MFM and OB last week for our appointments and we got some good news! Baby girl is still measuring small, however, since the MFM was able to see the records from the pregnancy with my son, he said that it looks like genetically I have small babies. The placenta and blood flow look good, so we're not longer concerned and talking about inducing next month! As much as we'd love to meet her, we also would like to make it to full term and have a healthy baby who gets to go home with us.

She's currently measuring in the 28th% and we have a diagnosis of asymmetrical IUGR. Basically, her legs are growing longer than her stomach and head (which are really small), but as long as she continues growing and everything looks good, we're good to go! We were thrilled to hear that wonderful news. The doctor was actually happy with her stomach growth and I'm still on supplemental protein twice daily.

As far as the gestational diabetes goes, my numbers are definitely better. I take insulin 4x/day which can be a little overwhelming (especially when my stomach gets itchy at the injection site), but we're making it work for our little girl. My fastings are a little sporadic, but they're still in the safe range so that's good. Every day is a little bit different.

We have tried to get a 3D ultrasound twice now and she has made it super difficult. We're going in for a rescan on Friday and we're really hoping to see her sweet face! As of right now, I'm still loving feeling her movements even though some of them can be super uncomfortable depending on her position, but at least I know she's doing well.

My friend is hosting a low-key BBQ sprinkle for me this Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it! We've been working on getting her room finished in case people want to see it when they're here and we've made a lot of progress! Just a few more things to do and one big load of laundry to fold and it will be right where it needs to be for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! Try not to worry. My baby girl was in the 6th percentile (!!!!!!!) and came out fine. Pregnancy is so stressful. Can't wait to see pics of your little girl!