- Saying all sorts of new words...bubbles, car, crackers, snack, milk, ball...so many more, but his speech is really picking up and he's getting new words all the time!
- Still super cautious. He's kind of funny with new things, but as long as he has one of his "people" with him he usually warms up.
- Getting more social. We've been taking him to story time for the past five weeks and it's making a huge difference! He's still not a fan of people he doesn't know, but he's doing better at tolerating new faces.
- Loves playing with stickers! I've been waiting for this time where we can start arts and crafts, but he hates certain textures and sensations so it took him a while to get used to it and now he gets so excited to play with them.
- He also has taking a liking to books which I'm thrilled about. Often times I'll find him going into his room to get his books out to look at them.
- He still has no idea that he's going to be a big brother, but that will come soon enough when the baby gets here. He can say her name and we talk to him about the baby, but he's still rocking being an only child.
- His favorite person lately is his Dee-Dee. My mil graciously comes over more and helps with him so he gets some extra special time. My hips have been killing me so being on the floor and outside in the heat is not happening. Dee-Dee takes him outside to his swing and does a ton of fun things with him.
- Since we finally got his swing set finished that's where he wants to be all day every day. Phil will try to take him out a few times per week after work (weather-permitting) and they have so much fun!
- He loves bubbles and says it almost constantly. It's so cute and we got a bubble machine from Walmart that was definitely a good idea. Now I don't have to sit there blowing bubbles forever while he gets impatient to try and pop them.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Matthew 22 Months!
It's been so long since I've updated about my favorite little guy...here's what he's up to lately: