Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Big Decisions

After much thought, prayer, and consideration my husband and I decided that it would be  best for me to stay at home and not to return to work in the fall as we had originally planned. I'm sure there are many questions regarding our decision, but please know that it is a good thing for us.

One thing I've learned is that I absolutely LOVE being at home. I love serving my husband by taking care of the house and freeing up more of his time. I also love that I can put on my favorite show(s) and multi-task with organizing, cleaning, or sewing. I love that I can focus on getting our apartment to where I want it to be and have much more time to expand my business. I also really love to save money!

I know it might sound crazy to some, but saving money has been a lot of fun for me. I love to try new things and have found a lot of DIY projects to do.

The most recent money saving projects I have done are:
  1. Making homemade laundry soap. It was super easy, smells great, and works like a charm.
  2. Making homemade baby wipes. No, I'm not pregnant, but we use baby wipes for a variety of things. I like knowing what goes in the products I use and it works well.
  3. Making homemade dishwashing detergent. Yep, I've got my first load going as we speak! It's super easy and so cheap!
In addition to all of these things, I don't eat McDonalds everyday, have stopped drinking soda, and try to only go out to eat when invited (sometimes I invite people over so that I can make something here at the house instead). I've learned that I can make a steak that my husband and I like even more than the restaurant and two steaks for dinner is still cheaper than one out!

Overall, I am really looking forward to this new chapter in our lives. We are trusting God to continue to provide so that I am able to stay home and enjoying life at the moment.

1 comment:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Congratulations on your big decision! I always wanted to stay at home once we had children and I'm so thankful that my husband is blessed with a job that can support our family!