Saturday, May 2, 2009

An accidental three day weekend!

Ok, so it might not have been that great to start off with, but it happened none the less. I had gotten used to working full days Monday-Thursdays 8am-6pm with the kids for two weeks after we got back from California. It's hard work, but I love having Fridays off to spend with Phil since he works on Saturdays. It gives us some extra "do whatever we want" time and I truly love it!

I did have a week or maybe two with my Monday-Friday schedule and volunteering at a school on the days I go in late since then, but apparently this week was destined to be Monday-Thursday with Friday being off.

It started on Monday. I was called in an hour early to come and get M. She was staying home from school with strep and she had a stomach virus over the weekend. When I went to pick up D from school, I found out he had the stomach virus and while we were picking up Morgan's Rx from the grocery store, he got sick :( After his parents took him to the dr.'s office that night we found out that he too had strep.Luckily the oldest hasn't come down with anything as of yet and neither has the mom.

This brings me to how I got yesterday off. I woke up at 4:30am feeling really sick. I waited until 5:45am before I called off per Phil's suggestion. Yes, indeed, I have the stomach virus. Luckily it is a 24 hour bug and I am much better today! Yesterday was awful and Phil took me to the dr.'s to make sure I didn't have strep. It was surprisingly cheap for not having insurance. It only cost $55! My Rx was free...thank you Giant for your free antibiotic offer, as I happily obliged.

Also, since my sister was diagnosed about two years ago with type 2 diabetes, I have been a little paranoid seeing as I am about 30 pounds heavier than she is. The doctor found no sugar in the test and said I am not diabetic! They weren't even supposed to check that, but God loves to do little things like that to let you know he cares. I'm super estatic I don't have diabetes.

As for today, I have some grocery shopping to do, maybe some vaccuuming, moping, or light cleaning. I don't want to over do it with how I was yesterday. I am excited to be picking up some fruit and salad at the market and am loving that soooo many things are 10 for $10!

No comments: