Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Holding Him Close

Today I am holding my baby a little tighter. I'm not mad that he woke up to eat twice last night or that he screams at me when I change his diaper because of his diaper rash. I'm just happy he's with me.

Hearing the news about Harper Young yesterday gave me a lot to think about. I've been following Lora since before her pregnancy and was praying so hard for her, Harper, and their family. I really get attached to fellow bloggers in a way that makes you hurt for them and feels like you have friends all over the world that you've never met.

So many things have happened in the past year or two that is really changing my way of thinking and reacting. When Matthew got up last night, I changed him, fed him, and just held him and prayed. I was tired, but he's my baby and he's here and that's all that matters.

Today has been filled with emotions and my husband even wanted to read their story. We believe in the power of prayer and believe in miracles. Our baby is our miracle given to us and we are not taking that for granted for one second.

If you would like to donate to the Young Family, there is a fundraiser going on. Click the link and you will be taken to the page to donate. https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/7hWRe/tw/12rVH6

No comments: