Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Staying at Home

I always knew that being a stay at home mom was a tough job. I nannied for five years and it was one of the best and hardest jobs I've had until now. Back then I could go home at the end of the night and I had someone else making all of the big decisions for the family. Now, that's my job and it's I have to admit it's a lot to handle.

I love my job though. Sure, we have incredibly long days and nights, but at the end of the day I'm shaping this little boy into someone special. He looks up to me and his dad to love and teach him what he needs to learn. He may be a little spoiled being the first and only child we have, but he's a sweet little man.

Last night was rough and more often than not, he ends up in our bed in the early mornings with me while his daddy is at work. For some reason he wakes up so much more when I get up with him in the middle of the night and it's frustrating, but I get baby snuggles in the morning and I love that.

We're working on a new normal here and that's still tough with unpacking and constantly running to the store to get things, but we're making it work and he's been pretty good throughout this whole process.

1 comment:

Amber K said...

Moving always leaves everyone a little 'unsettled'. Hope you two fall in to a rhythm that is good for you both soon :)