Friday, March 28, 2014

What's Most Important

"The housework can wait. You're doing much more important work right now watching and taking care of your baby."
 
These are the words my mom spoke to me a week ago when we were having one of our daily talks. She may not be near by and able to come over to help, but she definitely knew what I needed to hear. Right now I'm backed up on laundry and unpacking. My kitchen island is full of papers and I have so many things to organize and put away it's not even funny. But, my little boy is healthy and learning new things all of the time.
 
He's eating solids three times per day and having a bottle every 3-4 hours. We've been working on giving him more tummy time and practicing sitting up more. They want me to work on putting toys to the side so he'll reach over and turn to play so we've been doing that too.
 
I still freak out sometimes because in my head I want things picked up, but I can only do so much. I'm not failing because the bigger picture is there and we're all doing well. My little man is growing so fast and I don't want to miss these times when he's little and still wants his momma. The day will come all too soon when he'll want to do everything on his own and not need me anymore. Until then, I will soak up these moments even on the rough days.

1 comment:

Amber K said...

Great Mom advice. No matter how old we get we still need them, right? I have to remind myself of this same thing all of the time in general. It's ok if the house isn't perfect because I'm enjoying life! :)