Monday, October 20, 2014

21 Day Fix Week 1

Let's start this off by saying I am SO glad to have started this program. Seriously, it has already done  so much in a week and is definitely doable!

Here's how the program works...Basically, you workout every day to a 30 minute video. There are 7 different videos and you do one each day of the week. As for the diet, you are allotted so many "containers" to eat each day and your goal is to eat all of the food that corresponds with the containers each day and drink half of your body weight in water! Of course, you want to try to eat 5-6 "meals" per day.

For example, I get 5 Green, 5 Red, 4 Yellow, 3 Purple, 1 Blue, 1 Orange, and 5 teaspoons.

Green: Non-starchy veggies
Red: Lean proteins
Yellow: Carbs and starchy veggies
Purple: Fruit
Blue: Healthy Fats
Orange: Seeds/Healthy dressings
Teaspoons: Nut butters/oils

As you can see, I don't starve and eat a balanced diet. The focus is on less-processed foods and portion control along with exercise which is a proven method of weight loss. I am using Shakeology as part of the program once per day and it took a while to get used to, but I have to say I really enjoy having it after my workout as my "snack."

Got my Pilates fix on! #21dayfix #workout
 
This was one day after my Pilates Fix workout.
 
 
The workouts have modifications that are really helpful and are still pretty challenging. I was pretty sore the first few days and my hamstrings are pretty sore today after Yoga Fix yesterday.
 
In Week 1...
 
I am already down a pant size! Last week I wore a size 18 jeans with the "hairband trick" to church and this week, I wore size 16 jeans with no hairband!
 
I can also feel more muscles in my arms and legs which is really exciting.
 
I'm still pretty tired, but I don't feel like I need a nap every day anymore! I'm really hoping my energy kicks in soon.
 
I can't wait to see what the next 2 weeks have in store for me on this program! 


1 comment:

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

I just started this today! I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'm looking forward to it.