Tuesday, October 14, 2014

21 Day Fix



I've kept it kind of quiet about this lately, but yesterday I started the 21 Day Fix! I've been counting my carbs for about a month or so and the scale wasn't budging. After being frustrated over and over again, my mom saw this program on tv and asked if I was interested in trying it. After reading a lot about it and asking some questions, I decided to give it a go!

The premise is to eat well (lots of veggies and less processed foods) and exercise. It's nutritionally sound and doesn't have a lot of gimmicks to it. Just what I was looking for. I joined a challenge group hosted by one of the sweetest girls I knew in high school and we're already on day 2 of the challenge!

It is a lot of prep work with planning and portioning out meals, but it's worth it to not have to wonder what I'm eating next and just shoving my face with whatever is around the house. Plus, I get to workout at home during naptime which is super helpful since my little guy won't let me leave him with people he doesn't know well.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the results and can't wait to see how it affects my blood sugar and A1c. I am drinking a shake once per day since it's part of the challenge group, but honestly, I was drinking a protein shake many days before so this isn't much different.

Right now I'm sore and tired, but I know it will get better soon enough. I'm pushing myself through one day at a time.
 

No comments: