Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Saying Yes to the Dress

I thought long and hard about what to do about the dress. Should I just go and try as many on as possible in the next week to see if there really is anything better out there? But, what if there isn't and the dress is sold by that point, then what will I do? I haven't seen anything like it before in the same style and structure and it did look really good on me. What if I regret letting the dress go later on and there is no way to get it?--These were the thoughts that have been plaguing my mind since we left on Saturday and I found out the dress was discontinued.

I was obsessing about not getting the dress and hating my decision. I might not have felt it then, when we were at the store, but there were many reasons why I know that the dress is "the ONE" at this point. No one convinced me of anything. In fact, the people that I talked to about it were supportive and wanted to stay out of my decision because, well, it's MY decision.

After being on the phone multiple times with the store and the super helpful lady who made it so I wouldn't have to "guess" what size to buy (since I'm losing weight), it made it an easy decision. I talked to Phil's mom and my mom to make sure that I wasn't making a rash decision and when they both said that they thought it was a good decision if that's what I want then I called the store and ordered it!

It was apparent how right of a decision it was when all of the anxiety left the second the dress was paid for and ordered. I was so excited when I got off of the phone and was so happy. It just felt...right! This is the feeling I was waiting to get at the store and I now have the feeling and the dress!!!

2 comments:

Tristan said...

the perfect dress..makes for a perfect day!!

(soon to be) Mrs. G said...

Good for you! I've been dress shopping a few times myself, and I just can't bring myself to buy! I'm down 50lbs, and I still want have more to go. Every time I go, I fall in love with a different dress, kudos to you for doing whats best for you!!