Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Apron Project

Last night I attempted my apron project. After work I went to my local JoAnn's Fabrics store to get some fabric and thread for the project. Earlier in the day I looked up patterns online, but didn't find anything that really struck my fancy. After a lot of thinking the decision was made to make a short apron, one that goes around your waist as opposed to a full apron. Here's the end result:


phil was a great sport letting me use him as a model...i think he looks kinda cute in it too ;)




Overall, I think it came out great for my first "by myself" project considering I know nothing about sewing. I literally thought about how it could work, did a lot of hemming and straight-stitching and this is how it came out! I thought about pockets, but when they were pinned on I didn't think they looked right with the apron so I am still undecided about those. Maybe I'll do a reverse one with the brown and white polka dot fabric for the main part and the blue swirl fabric for pockets and ties. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

No comments: