Monday, September 21, 2009

Sewing project


 This is my new sewing machine! It is a Singer 717 from 1971. I was lucky enough to get it from a friend for free! It is in great condition and sews perfectly. When Amanda first brought it over the bobbin threader was broken and she didn't know how to fix it. Determined to make it work, I took it over to Phil's parents and had them look at it. Dad said it was the bobbin winder tire most likely and a new one should be able to be picked up from Jomax to replace it. So, this morning I headed out to Jomax, picked up a new tire, brought it home, and tried it out and guess what...it works!!! This will make things much easier than going over to Phil's house to use his mom's machine to thread bobbins and it only cost $3 to fix! My first project is placemats for my table. I started on them yesterday with Phil's mom and will hopefully have them done this week and will post pictures.

No comments: