Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Day

It is definitely a big day...Phil started his new job today and I couldn't be prouder of him if I tried! Luckily, I was able to talk to him on my way to work to make sure he got there ok. He had about an hour and twenty minute commute and had to be there by 8am. He called me again on his lunch break to let me know how his day is going so far and he said it was going well! They had given him a tour of the supply closet (lol) and said they would have to give him a better one later in the day. He has a cubicle and will be making changes and additions to previous maps using cartography software.

I can't even begin to tell you how excited and relieved I am. He graduated in December of 2007 with a degree in Geography and certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). His very unique degree has made it difficult for him to find a good job, but God has finally blessed him with this amazing opportunity!

In other news, we saw the youth pastor of the church we used to go to at Panera Bread yesterday. We stopped going to the church because the guy ignored my attempts to volunteer as a youth leader and eventually ignored me--all while telling Phil that he had been emailing me the whole time...ummm, I never got anything past the one or two emails that told me about the Christmas party and that was it despite my at least three more I sent even saying we could talk on the phone if it were easier for him.

Anyway, we were there and he was sitting at the table right next to us and he actually acknowledged us! This made me feel so much better and seriously less angry about the whole situation so we are going to try to go back to that church this Sunday. We left only because of the way that he was making me feel and the ignoring despite seeing us every Sunday for months. Hopefully things will go well and we have a "home church" again.

Pretty much everything is going well over here! Can't wait for the graduation ceremony in December, it should be a very interesting trip to say the least. Happy Tuesday!

No comments: