Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Time

Christmas is quickly approaching and I feel that there is so much more to be done. I need to clean the apartment and pick up all of the random things that are laying around from the trip we just took and wrapping presents. Aside from that we are having two Christmas dinners that we are hosting which means that we need to go grocery shopping and have everything done by Saturday.

We have a gift exchange/possible dinner with a great couple on Thursday of this week. Friday is family night dinner. Saturday is lunch and games with Gram in the afternoon followed by dinner with Phil's friends and a gift exchange. Sunday is Phil's dad's side family get together for Christmas. I work Monday-Wednesday of next week and we are having Phil's parents over for dinner Wednesday evening. Thursday is Chrismas Eve and Friday is Christmas. Saturday is his mom's side family get together in which I am supposed to make a pumpkin roll to bring.

As you can see we are super busy for the next week or so. I am a planner by nature, but there's too many things to plan and if I try none of it works out the way it is planned so I have decided to try to "go with the flow" for the time being and hope that it works out well.

I put up my new nativity set and I adore it! It is the Willow Tree nativity set and I bought it at Cracker Barrel in Iowa this past weekend. It had been on my wish list and Phil was not entirely on board with it. He couldn't see me spending my Christmas money on something that costs that much when it is only going to be displayed for the Christmas season. Silly boy! He seriously should know better. It looks so cute I might have to display it year round...lol. Is that even allowed?

Anyways, I'll have to post some pics when I get a camera to do so, hopefully this weekend!

No comments: