Thursday, December 3, 2009

Some Good Things

I must admit that I absolutely love the holiday season. It's much different over on the East Coast where it actually snows from where I'm from in Southern California. There's just something about the cool, crisp air with the lights, decorations, and christmas music that really makes it magical to me. Or perhaps, it has to do with the fact that I worked at Disneyland for a while and seeing the magic of chrismas there was spectacular.

The past couple of days I have been busy with having a friend over for dinner and a movie and cleaning up/organizing my apartment. I had been too busy the past two months being over at Phil's every day to be able to really do anything there. Hopefully I can get it done tonight and tomorrow and feel more happy and comfortable.

This separate time we are spending apart is really helping me to focus on me. It's hard on one hand, but good because I can get what I need done and not worry so much about what I need to do for him all the time. It's going to be an adjustment, but it will be good for us.

Phil has been praying the past two nights that this time will really bring out his feelings and that it will be a strengthening time for us and we can use it as a stepping stone for the future in our relationship. He wants it to work and I am determined to be as supportive as possible so that he can realize it for himself.

So, here's to the holiday season that is upon us...hopefully I will get a lot done and really be able to decorate a bit and make it my own!

No comments: