Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I've decided that this year Phil and I need to start some traditions of our own so that when we get married and have a family we can continue with those special memories.

This year started off with going to a tree farm and cutting down a Christmas tree. It was a lot of fun and I think we have the best tree ever! It is so perfect and is adorned with ornaments from when we were both children and some new ones too.

The second tradition was that we each gave each other stockings and opened them on Christmas Eve. Phil was right on target with the stocking stuffers and really did a fantastic job! I got an 8gb memory card, rechargeable batteries (I asked for them for the wii fit board), Wii fit plus, a scarf and mittens, a kitchen timer, and a beautiful ornament. Oh and one more thing...an Nsync's greatest hits because apparently I have no shame with still liking them...don't judge me (lol).

The one tradition that I really wanted to do, but didn't get a chance to was to make Monkey Bread for Christmas breakfast. Last night after the Christmas Eve service and stockings we realized I didn't have enough biscuits to make the whole thing and was thoroughly disappointed since all of the grocery stores in town were already closed. Oh well, there's always next year!

We had a great Christmas Eve and are hoping to have a great Christmas Day too. I stayed over at his parents for nostalgic reasons and am awaiting opening presents. Apparently, we are waiting until after lunch which isn't going to even start until 1pm...yes, I am seriously disappointed because I love all things presents and giving them too!

I hope your Christmas is super fantastic! Let me know what you got.

No comments: