Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday was awesome! I only worked 2 hours the whole day and was able to pick up the apartment, run to the grocery store, and relax for most of the day. As usual, we had the family Friday night dinner and it was amazing. We had crab imperial, snap peas, fruit salad, and garlic potato wedges. I love family dinners on Friday nights because it gives Phil and I a chance to sit down with the people that we love and reconnect and catch-up with them.

Saturday was by far our busiest day. We hosted brunch for some friends of ours and it turned out really well. I made french toast with brioche bread, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, veggie pizza, gorgonzola pizzettes, fruit and yogurt cups, and orange cream mimosas. Phil made the bacon and deviled eggs. I did really well with letting him make those and not interfering...lol. After brunch, we went to a family friend's birthday party for their adorable little girl who turned 1! It was a lot of fun and there was tons of good food and sangria :) Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well so we decided to skip family game night at Phil's Aunt's house and just relax just the two of us. We went to pizza hut for dinner and were able to have a great time talking and eating pizza.

Sunday, we went to church in the morning (of course) and followed it by lunch and running errands. We ended up getting a lot of things at the store, mainly because I had some really good coupons and didn't want to waste them, and had a quick bite to eat from the brunch leftovers before heading out to the Marriage Fellowship Bible Study we are involved in. Even though we are not married or engaged yet, we are prayerfully considering marriage and I strongly feel that God has spoken to me about this man being my husband. It is really helping with so many things and to be able to see other couples interact and tell stories has really blessed us both and makes Phil less anxious about getting married.

Well, that's my weekend recap...what did you guys do this weekend?

No comments: