Monday, July 12, 2010

McFatty Monday

I took last week off because of the holiday, but did manage to lose 1 pound! This week I'm on vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina so there is no scale around for the moment. I'm really happy about that because something about the heat, humidity, and long hours in a car make me want salty and sweet snacks...a lot.

As you can imagine, this week is pretty hard for me eating-wise. It's also difficult because there are a lot of comments being made to "remind" me that the weight will not come off for the wedding if my diet continues. You know what that makes me want to do? Sleep and eat more junk food.

I feel that there are times where it's ok to have an ice cream or have a little junk food, but it needs to be kept in moderation. It seems that people around me who love me are trying to be helpful by making these comments, but are really being hurtful. I feel that I'm not allowed to eat anything unhealthy because once I do, someone makes a comment (and no, Phil is definitely not saying these things!).

The other thing that was hard for me was working the new job. I was in training for two weeks, but the job was basically a tele-stalking recruiting position for the Red Cross and was incredibly stressful. There are rules to adhere by and no matter how much someone begged for you to take them off, there was nothing you could do about it. Not the job for me.

My job has ended (I'm sure I'll write about that soon enough) and feel that I will have more time to get things together and work out more consistently once again! I miss working out and how great it felt, so it will definitely be more of a priority until the new job starts!

No comments: