Thursday, October 7, 2010

Superwoman? Nope, just me!

Days like today make me feel a little bit like Superwoman. It feels like I've accomplished so much today and it's not even 7pm! To help you understand, let me give you a little breakdown of my day:

6:22am- woke up and got ready for work
7:35am- arrived at work and started my day (including finishing my lesson plans for next week)
8:55am-12:30pm- work

After work I went to the local "teacher's store" to try to find a lesson guide for the novel Tom Sawyer that the 7th graders are starting next week. Then, I drove over to Chick-fil-a for a milkshake since I haven't had one in forever. After the drive-thru, I went to Phil's house and printed some response cards for the out-of-state wedding invitations. I've seriously been meaning to do this so that I can get them out in the mail this week. Then...

I subbed for 1st grade from 2:15-3:15pm. The kids were great and they were all so affectionate. Teaching Middle/High School, you don't see that, so it was a nice change of pace. Now, here's where it got a little crazy...

I went to the Reese's, made brownies for tonight/my 10th grade class tomorrow, finished my homework for pre-marital counseling, thawed the chicken for dinner, made dinner (chicken bruschetta, anyone?), watched tv, vacuumed the kitchen, living room, hallway, spare bedroom, guest bathroom, and Phil's room, oh, and I did all of the dishes that I used to make the brownies and dinner.

Now, I'm here, writing a blog. Dinner was really good...I had enough to make two batches and have decided that we're going to freeze the second one so that when Phil's mom comes home from vacation, she can have a quick meal to thaw and re-heat! Phil and I have to meet with the pastor tonight for pre-marital counseling, so we "multi-tasked" during dinner and discussed our answers with one another.

I only wish that I could feel this accomplished and driven every day.

No comments: