Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wedding Wednesdays

I know, I know, I've been posting a lot about the wedding, but it's because there's so much to it and I love planning it. Today's post will be a little different. I will not be talking about favors, centerpieces, or snowflakes, but rather the ceremony itself.

The ceremony is the most important thing in my mind. It is Phil and I making a commitment to one another in front of God and our family and friends. It is when he sees me for the first time in my white dress, where we pledge our love and lives to one another, and where we finally get to kiss and be announced as "husband and wife." The ceremony is what does it all.

I've been thinking about the ceremony a lot lately, mainly because we are going to have to think and choose what we want incorporated in it. It's been difficult for me because I feel pressured to do what other people think we should, rather than what I really want. Phil seems to be on the same page with me and is open to different things, but ultimately says that it is our decision. We were able to talk last night and get on the same page about the ceremony. 

I am confident that the ceremony will be lovely and that it will be just what we want. I feel that whether or not we choose to have communion, a soloist, poems, etc. that it will still glorify God and show our commitment to one another and to God. I am not any less of a person because I don't feel comfortable with some of the suggestions that people are giving. It is our day and will be worth it because I am marrying the man I love!

No comments: