Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

New Years is always a time for reflection and a time to look forward to the great things that are coming. The year 2012 was good for us in many ways, but we are so excited for 2013. 

This year we are hoping for a big year full of great things.

The first is buying a house! We have saved a little more than half of our down payment so that means we'll have it in the next couple of months and can start looking in the spring when more people will put their houses on the market. I can't wait to be looking at houses in person since it's so different online. We are praying and trusting that God has the right house for us that will work and will be in our budget.

We are also praying that this is our year to have a baby. We're putting our faith in God that He has a baby for us and that we will be able to expand our family this year. I know my parents and my in-laws are all looking forward to grandchildren so hopefully that will all work out.

Of course, I have some personal things I want to work on this year including growing deeper in my faith since last year was hard for the first half of the year and it kind of took me off guard. I have a new appreciation for God and want to continue to grow in Him this year not only individually, but as a family. 

Lastly, I want to work on being more gracious, less judgmental, and more understanding. I sometimes come across a little abrasive or like a know-it-all and I'm working on that. I want to be a woman that has grace and is diplomatic in all situations.

I can't even begin to explain how happy I am for 2013 to be here!

No comments: