Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Word of the Year

So many people have done their "word of the year" posts recently and I really thought that I didn't have a word for this year, but then it hit me...

grace
 
I have always wanted to have more grace in many situations and this year I feel like I need more than ever. I have been practicing grace almost daily and with house hunting, it has been no different.
 
Usually, I am a hot mess of emotions and cry at the drop of the hat and instead, I have found myself praying and taking a step back (without tears) and finding peace. I have been given the opportunity to practice grace lately and I'm doing ok with it. Of course, disappointment is never easy, but I'm learning that I don't have to be super anxious or upset about every.single.thing anymore. I'm learning to let go and let God in some of the smaller situations and bigger ones too.
 
It's a learning process and I'm definitely not perfect every time I'm faced with something that's difficult or less than ideal, but I'm getting better each time and that's what matters most.

No comments: