Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome 2010!

I've been a little disgruntled because my layout is all messed up and I can't figure out how to make it normal again. Oh well, it will all work out sooner or later!

I must admit that I am welcoming 2010 with wide open arms! This year should be fantastic and bring lots of positive changes in my life. For starters this is my last week of school and I will have my bachelor's degree completed!!! Also, Phil and I have talked about getting engaged...possibly married this year so hopefully that will all work out too. The first is more likely to happen, but I have strong hopes for getting married this year too. There's just something about 2010 that seems perfect for a fall wedding...don't you think? Of course, with the degree I will be looking for a new position and to get out of being a nanny. It was nice while it lasted, but I'm craving something different. I'm hoping for human resources, but you never know what God has up his sleeve.

Since Phil has been talking marriage and engagement lately we've also talked about moving just a little closer to his job. Right now he is making a 2 hour commute each way to go to work and we are hoping to shorten that by a little while. I was looking up apartments in the area we are looking to move and I must admit that for our budget we could get something very nice especially compared to my tiny apartment now. This makes me extremely happy.

Over the break we were able to get a lot done. I had a lot of time off and Phil had two four-day weekends in a row! My back has been killing me and upon thinking of options we settled on buying a new mattress. It was a big purchase and step for us because even though it will be at my apartment right now, we will both be using it after we get married so we had to find something we both liked. Luckily, we agreed on everything and will now have a new mattress delivered this Saturday. I can't wait!

I am truly thankful for all of blessings that God has given us and I am looking forward to the new blessings for the upcoming year!

No comments: