Friday, September 28, 2012

Fit Fridays {Week 17}

This week has been a great week for me to really realize how much I have lost. This is the first week where I've really been able to appreciate and see how different my body looks! Last week I was a little frustrated with not being able to see the progress, but I can definitely see it now and that is a great feeling.

I'm still working on losing weight, but it's getting harder with the doctor appointments that I've been having. Not a good enough excuse, but I still stay in my calorie range and that's just as important.

According to my Wii Fit board/scale I have maintained my weight. I don't think it's super accurate, but that's ok. My new scale is on it's way and I should have it in the next week or so and I'm definitely excited about that.

I've also been doing some reading about my diagnosis of PCOS and it really explains a lot.


I can identify with almost everything on this chart {except for the low thyroid, high cholesterol and triglycerides, and facial hair}. It's definitely been an eye-opener and explains so much. I used to wonder all the time why I was so hungry, had a hard time losing weight, and was so tired.

PCOS has definitely helped me gain weight and makes it difficult to lose it, but I'm doing it! My doctor did put me on Metformin ER yesterday to help with my insulin/Hb a1c levels and he hopes it can continue to help me lose weight along with my diet/exercise program that I'm doing.

It's no magic fix, but there's a plan and it could help so much more.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I totally feel you with the infographic as well, that's my life too- haha.

I'm glad your doc put you on the metformin, insulin resistance can become really dangerous for the body!

I take cinnamon in place of metformin (and my D.O. monitors my levels), and since, I've noticed a huge curb in my hunger, before I never, ever felt like I was full, so I hope being on metformin helps you :)

Congratulations and keep up the great work!