Sunday, November 8, 2009

Validated

Phil and I were fortunate to be able to go to lunch with a bunch of friends today. I was so happy to know that I am not the only one feeling the need desire to get married. Our friends have been dating probably around 6 months-ish and at lunch she was saying the same things I have been saying! It made me totally feel less crazy and more validated.

I talked with Phil and we gave more of a "time line" for when these things should occur. He has been much more open with talking about getting engaged and married lately than ever so that is definitely a good thing. He has even gone as far as going with me to look at rings to get an idea of cost, size, and what you can get for your money. I want him to get the best thing he can for what he wants to spend and I have every intention of obsessing helping him look and informing him of all of the options available.

We are definitely having to compromise on when is the best time for us to move our relationship to the next level. Phil feels no need to rush while I would have been happy to have been engaged and had the wedding like...yesterday. Lol. I think we have definitely come to a good compromise that we can both deal with. I want us both to be comfortable in the decision and not to be too overwhelmed by it all.

It still makes me incredibly giddy to know I am not the only one going through this and that a good friend feels my pain. I am hoping and praying that by the end of next year we will be Mr. & Mrs.

No comments: