Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend Fun

This weekend one of my really good friends, Katrina, came up to visit me. She endured the 3 hour drive to hang out and help me make a Christmas tree skirt. Seeing as most of my good friends live so incredibly far away it was nice to have a familiar face around. The tree skirt isn't done yet, but we got it to where I should be able to finish it and if I need help, Phil's mom said she would totally step in and help.

In other news, today Beth got her promise ring! It is super cute and I couldn't be happier for the both of them. Of course, this makes me think more about getting married and surprisingly Phil's mom has been hinting/talking a little bit about it the past couple of days. This makes me so happy. My parents are already on board and it seems like his mom is now considering it to be something that can happen in the near future instead of just "someday."

Phil and I have a tentative plan on when we would like to have it happen and I couldn't be happier that he is starting to think about it and it is ok to talk about as more of a "when" instead of "if."

I still pray everyday that God leads us to marriage and I know that if we continue to follow His plans and guidance it will be something great.

No comments: