Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to You

Today is Phil's 28th birthday. It is his last single birthday and we made sure that it was definitely special this year. We were able to have a surprise party for him this past Sunday and he had a blast! Unfortunately, today hasn't started off well for either of us. He was stuck on a "dead train" this morning trying to get into work, which ended in him starting late for his shift. Luckily, he has "credit time" and can use some of that to get the hours in for today that he missed, but that means he has to accrue more of it for another day off.

My morning started with a big tension headache. It followed with pouring rain, hives on my hand, and ants swarming around my classroom. Yep, it sucked. I am praying that it gets better, but for now--it's a venti pumpkin spice latte sort of day.

Our plans for this evening are simple: I'm making Phil dinner and brownies (his request) and we are going to pre-marital counseling this evening.

Even though today has sucked so far, I still love him and am so thankful that he is in my life. He is such an incredible man and I couldn't imagine life without him. Happy birthday, Phil. I love you more with each passing day :)

No comments: