Sunday, September 12, 2010

Taking today off

Days like today, I just want to sit around drinking a pumpkin spice latte and just do nothing. The weather is a little cool and the rain clouds are formed right outside my window. I feel calm and at peace sitting here and quietly thinking. No one is home and it's a very calm, peaceful feeling.

Everyone needs a little bit of time to just get away every now and then. There's been a lot of change happening and this time to recoup is just what I've been needing. That meant not going to church this morning and I'm ok with that because sometimes you just need some time away from all of the pressures around.

Teaching, wedding planning, and being blessed with friends has been wonderful, but the constant pressure of needing to be "on" can be too much. I now this afternoon is booked, but for right now I feel content in being who I am and loving that there's no pressure to do anything or go anywhere.

I'm taking a step back for a couple of hours so that tomorrow I will feel refreshed.

What do you do when you need to feel refreshed?

No comments: