Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pictures say a thousand words...

I'll admit, I read a lot of blogs. I love reading blogs because they are like a little window into someone's life. It's kind of like when you go out and see someone and wonder what their life is like...well, blogging is kind of like that, but it's ok to stalk blogs.

One thing that has been motivating to me is seeing pictures of fellow weight-loss bloggers. It's great to be able to see the difference in a picture and not just to read about it. I think I'm going to join in on that bandwagon.

I've noticed that when there are pictures, it's easier to stay focused because you actually see what you look like instead of making up excuses (especially if you wear the same thing and use the same camera). Like this one time where I saw a picture of my mom and sister walking down the road. You could clearly tell it was them, but their was a third person that we could not identify. I remember us making comments like..."Who is that fat girl walking with you guys?" Oh, it was brutal, but after we thought about it forever, we realize that we knew that "fat girl." In fact, the fat girl was ME! Wow, you could imagine the shock and horror I felt at that moment. I was mortified!

Looking back on that moment really motivates me. I need to start documenting my progress weekly with pictures and see myself in a realistic way.

No comments: