Monday, September 27, 2010

McFatty Monday

This past week has been crazy for me. It seemed to be one thing after another with school, open house, having a friend up for the weekend, going to a lunch-thing for a "pre-wedding lunch" with a friend, and Phil's birthday party. Yes, it was crazy and hectic and I'm definitely feeling it right about now.

I honestly can't remember how I did last week, but it wasn't great. I've been struggling with feeling like I'm starving all the time. No, really, it's pretty much constant, unless I stuff my face with fatty foods, then I just feel fatty. It's really a win-win situation, right?

At work I try really hard to at least do snacking and lunch right. I have tomato "soup at hand" cups in my desk drawer and bring a protein bar to eat. Let me tell you, this does nothing for me! Seriously, I might as well not even eat. Take today, for example: I had a soup at hand and protein bar at 1:30pm. At 3:30pm I'm starving and have some fruit and veggie pizza (not the "traditional" type pizza). It's now 4:16pm and I'm still starving.

This seems to be a daily thing for me. No matter what I eat lately, nothing really fills me up. I can drink water and it does nothing, except maybe upset my stomach.

The one good thing is that I've managed to maintain my weight from last week! I've been keeping portions in mind and trying to not eat unless I need to whether I'm hungry or not. Either way, I am still hoping to go grocery shopping soon and cook so that I have good food to take to work with me every day.

What do you do when you're starving and nothing seems to work?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chew gum!