Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Connected

I can not believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually blogging at home...like, in my apartment...on my couch.

For most people this wouldn't be a big deal, but the fact of the matter is that I have not had internet, tv, or a home phone since moving to Maryland in January of 2009. Crazy, right? I managed to get by without it by having internet/cable access at work and over at Phil's house, but once I started teaching and my cell phone became less and less reliable we decided to go ahead and get me "connected." I must admit, I'm thrilled. It will be so nice to be able to look up a recipe at home for dinner and to be able to check my email, post blogs, watch tv, and just surf the web from the comfort of my own home.

 It is nice to sit here and have something to do and not dread being home because the only thing to do is to watch the same movies I've seen a bazillion times or to play Wii. It will be such a blessing to be able to sit and watch a show with Phil on the weekends and not have to run to the nearest RedBox to get something to watch. It is nice to have a "local" phone number so that I will get less strange looks when I say my Virginia cell phone number.

All in all I feel super blessed right now. Words can not describe the great feeling of being able to listen to the radio (via cable service), watch any kind of tv, and check my email after working hours at home. I am hoping that I will be much more comfortable here and so will my guests who come over.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

woo hoo!!!!!
i think i would die without my dvr..lol!!

um..you can load pics now..hahahahah