Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a nice mix between relaxing and getting things done.

Saturday
Saturday morning, Phil and I lounged around until almost noon! That is almost unheard of because I feel the need to get moving and get things done. It was great to be able to relax and know that this is what we needed to do at that time. After lunch, Phil and I headed out to Ikea to try to find a bed frame and just look around. Have you been to Ikea? It's awesome...just saying. We found out that the bed frame we liked wouldn't work with our mattress and box spring, but we did end up leaving with a mirror for the entryway and these...
These are the hangers we bought for the coat closet in the new apartment.

Once we left Ikea, we went to one of my other favorite stores--Homegoods! I absolutely love walking around there. It is kind of like Ross or TJMaxx for home decorating. I was able to find two canvas bins to put up in my bedroom closet.

Phil managed to run next door to Staples and got a wireless router for my apartment! Now, we can hook up the Wii to the internet to stream Netflix videos and have more than one laptop connected to the internet!

After shopping, we went to dinner with some friends at...


and had a blast!


Sunday
Today started off much like any other Sunday with church. I found out this morning that my uncle passed away in the middle of the night. My mom is pretty upset because it was her brother. He lived out-of-state most of my life so I didn't really know him well, so I'm doing well. It's just difficult hearing my mom so upset and knowing that there's not much I can do.

After church, Phil and I ate lunch at my apartment and headed over to the new apartment complex where his parents met us and we signed the lease! We were there for about two hours reading it over and asking a bunch of questions. It went well and we now have an official move-in date of December 4th!

Because of the extra space in the new apartment, I have been thinking of inexpensive ways to make sure that when everything is unpacked, it has a place and will look picked-up. This is a huge problem at my current place mainly due to the fact that there just isn't enough space for all of my things. So, we headed out to the "big" Target by the new apartments and bought some fabric storage bins to put on the top shelves of the closet.

As you can see, we did a lot this weekend! I feel so productive when we are able to get things done and Phil loves it when we take time to "slow down", so, this weekend was definitely a good compromise.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

sorry to hear about your uncle..will be praying for your family!

being productive is awesome..i love days like that!