Monday, November 1, 2010

McFatty Monday

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to not care about what others think? I struggle with this almost on a daily basis. Sure, there are things that I really don't care what others think, but there are a few that really get to me. My weight is one of them.

I get it, I know that I'm heavy and quite frankly, it's hard to lose weight! There. I said it. Ok, now, let's just be supportive and not comment on every little thing that I eat that might not be the "best choice." I've lost 4 pounds since August and I worked my butt off last week compared to the past few months. I worked out for an hour with my new trainer and played four softball games where I was actually trying to run the bases. Seriously, I was on base so much that by the end of the first night, my butt was sore.

I've been really trying to watch my portions, not overeat, and choose better foods as an overall thing. I don't want to start a "diet" that I can't stick with for the rest of my life. I strongly believe that it's ok for me to have a piece of pie, or a cookie, or some ice cream without ruining my weight loss, it just has to be in moderation.

I struggle so much with the comments that other people say to me. The reality is that my self-worth does not come from what they think, but from the Lord. I no longer need to feel like I'm not good enough or that if I eat something or don't go to the gym that I'm worthless. The weight loss is happening and I need to focus on the positives so it will continue.

I've lost 4 pounds since August and I think that's fantastic! I have an appointment with my trainer this week and I'm going to work my butt off while I'm there even though my shins are sore and my legs still hurt. I will make good decisions and will start thinking positively of myself. And you know what, I'm happy with that!

2 comments:

Tristan said...

I struggle with my weight too..I have NEVER been skinny or remotely at all!!

As long as I am happy with myself..that is all that matters!

You are doing a great job!

Kelly said...

I struggle with what others say/think more than I struggle with my weight. My weight has always been a burden, only because oh how others look at me, and treat me.

When I was losing all the weight, I noticed how different people treated me.

Even now, being pregnant, one of my fears is that someone will mistaken me as being obese again, and not pregnant and treat me poorly. I really need to get over that. I really need to stop watching people like hawks to try and read their body language