Friday, June 8, 2012

TV Diet {Update}

Last week I posted that we are cancelling our Netflix streaming at the end of June. The reason? I was completely obsessed. It was a problem and it needed to be fixed ASAP. In the meantime, I wanted to actively watch it less to see if I could get it under control or would cancelling it be the only option for my Netflix obsession.

It's been a week since I've been watching less tv. I no longer watch it while eating my breakfast or dinner and I try to keep it off at night when my husband comes home. I have definitely been more productive and I don't feel as lethargic. I do watch a few shorter shows here and there when I have some downtime, but it's not the main focus of my day anymore.

I really like how I've been feeling with it turned off. I like my husband coming home and telling me that he can tell how much I've accomplished that day. It makes me feel good that I'm not sitting on the couch all day and I'm able to get so much more done.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to cancel it entirely. I do like the option of having it when I've been productive and have some down time. I figure that I'll give it another two weeks to see how much I would like to keep or get rid of it, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying more time with my husband with the tv turned off.

No comments: