Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'm Not Always Right

I just spoke with a friend about my frustrations. She was quick to remind me that things aren't always the way they seem. She told me that I need to focus more on the positives and not the negatives of the situation. Of course, that's easier said than done, but still very true.

I emailed my husband this and realized that the problem is more than likely me. I'm not used to having someone trying to help me.

I moved out at 18 after having a lot of issues with my parents on both sides. It was one of the hardest things I've encountered, but it made me learn to figure things out on my own. Since I was out on my own earlier than planned, I didn't have a mother-figure to teach me a lot of things that most girls my age knew. Both of my parents were still there for me, but it wasn't in the same way as I had before.

Sometimes I get so caught up in doing things my way, I get upset when other people try to help. Would it have killed me to add in the extra can of beans? No. I just couldn't get past the uncertainty of how that would change the recipe and servings and it made me mad.

Maybe the reason why we're staying here isn't just about saving money to get into a house. Maybe it's more about learning to do things a different way and accept help.

No comments: