Wednesday, November 21, 2012

When in Rome

That's been my motto for the past few weeks. It's no surprise that living with my in-laws has definitely changed my way of living. My mother-in-law has specific ways of doing things and with us being in her home, we are doing our best to do things her way for the time being. I am very thankful that she is doing her best to be open and accommodating to our needs and preference, but it's still different living with my husband's parents.

We have set days that are "our" laundry days and I cook two days out of the week for everyone. I've been trying to incorporate Mexican Mondays here as dad likes Mexican food, but mom isn't a huge fan. She's willing to try it out and has liked almost everything so far, so we're happy about that.

I'm still working on finding my groove and getting my schedule down. I mostly stay in the bedroom during the day which can be daunting because she doesn't like the tv running during the day and there's less for me to do here since we have a bedroom to take care of, not an entire house/apartment.

I'm trying to find things to fill my time with, but it's kind of hard with wanting to save as much as possible. I'm waiting to see how things go until the end of the year and if I'm still itching to do something, I may apply for a part-time position to get out of the house for a little bit. Of course, I have no idea what I would apply for since my degree is in social science/education and I'm not certified to teach in public schools. Also, all of my recent experience has been with teaching, sewing, and nannying so there's that.

That's what I've been up to and things have been going really well here. It's still an adjustment, but we're all willing to work on making it as comfortable as possible for the time being.


No comments: