Monday, May 24, 2010

McFatty Monday

Well, it's Monday again and that means it's time to talk about weight loss! The goal for this past week was to go to the gym/work out for 4 days. I did pretty well with 2 days in the gym and 1 day of walking at the nearby park that has an awesome walking path complete with hills and inclines. Saturday my friend and I went to the Nationals game so there was a decent amount of walking including stairs. Yes, I chose to take the stairs on a couple of occasions instead of the escalator.

There wasn't enough time to weigh myself today, but as of a few days ago the weight that was gained on vacation was gone! The major changes haven't been in weight loss, but rather in cardiovascular endurance. At first, working out at the gym was so incredibly hard. The elliptical would kill me within the first 5 minutes of exercise and I would literally leave breathless and crying. Now, working out for 30 minutes on the arch-trainer or elliptical is pretty easy and do-able.

My trainer seems to be impressed with how much we can do now when we work out and has therefore made my workouts MUCH harder than before. This is something that is both good and bad as I totally feel exhausted still from our workout this morning.

The goal for this week is to continue the working out and to make sure that I'm making better choices in my diet. Phil and I have a lot planned this weekend and it will involve eating out a lot so learning to make good decisions when we aren't able to eat at home is very important.

No comments: