- Having a split-shift and being able to schedule appointments, go shopping, run errands, and just chill out while the kids are in school.
- Nap-time--it's the best "break" ever!
- Knowing that basically as long as the kids are safe and chores are done, I get paid to play and hang out all day.
- Not having to dress up everyday for work.
- Having a pretty good commute with minimal traffic and drama.
- Being able to be out in the sunshine in the middle of the day without neglecting my job.
- Getting to talk to my friends and family during the day (when appropriate) since most of them are on the West Coast.
- Getting a gas card every two weeks for my car to help pay for gas.
- Being paid to take the kids to lunch and having my meals paid for while I'm on the clock.
- And most of all--being able to pay my bills and get things done while having a good amount of time to myself.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
On the Positives About my Job
As with any job being a nanny has many good points and some not-so-good points to it. It's hard to think that soon I will be doing something else because that's what I've done for the past 5 years, but although it's hard to think of, it will happen and I am ready for the change! Although I will miss the following "perks" to my current position: