Thursday, March 11, 2010

All Sorts of Updates

To say that I woke up today in a "bad" mood is an understatement. I've been keeping up with my 30-day plan and it has made me exhausted and sore. When I woke up I could feel that the arches of my feet, calves, and back were sore. On top of that, my allergies make me feel terrible first thing in the morning so needless to say I needed some time to really wake up and get moving.

What really helped me out this morning was the encouragement from my mom and Phil. I called my mom and told her that I really needed her to be supportive and encouraging and to say that I need to go to the gym and to not give up. Phil sent me a text and email saying how proud of me he is and that really helped too. I have a great boyfriend :)

I went to the gym as planned and did a 10 minute warm up on the treadmill then my trainer and I did 30 minutes with intervals on the Arc trainer. I must admit that although it is more work to do, I love it because it is low-impact and I feel the tiredness in my quads not my calves (which have been sore for 3 days straight). After the workout I felt so much better! My calves were no longer hurting and my mood was changing into more of a happy feeling.

I have lost something so far in the past week, but I'm not sure what. I weighed myself on Tuesday and Wednesday and they were different and I can't remember Tuesday's weight which should reflect more of what I lost in that week so I will have to weigh in on Monday to see where I'm at then.

Overall, it's been a long, taxing week. I had to work three 10 hour days with the girls out of school because the school had no water and still have the little one when he wasn't in preschool. I'm happy to be back on a "normal schedule" for today and tomorrow and am really looking forward to my massage tomorrow! I'm hoping it will help my back feel better.

On another note--I got a second opinion with my wrist and we found out that it is NOT a bone bruise, but in fact a sprain! And yes, I am happy about that because I was arguing discussing it with the first doctor and trying to tell him that it is a sprain, but he didn't want to listen. I am now on a prescription anti-inflammatory and have to go to physical therapy 2-3 times/week for a couple of weeks, then follow-up with the doctor.

As you can see, I've been pretty darn busy over here and can not stress how much I am looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: