Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Wednesday!

I look outside and it's just beautiful today. The sun is shining, it's not too warm, not too cold, and there's a light breeze out that makes the trees sway just a little bit. It is a day I would consider to be perfect, yet I somehow feel anxious.

I've felt like this all morning. It's been a good day so far and I'm in a good mood, but I can't shake the uneasy, anxious feeling to save my life. There's really no stress going on today and I'm not worried about anything. I've been praying, taking deep breaths, smiling, and talking to my mom and Phil on the phone to try to relieve some of  the anxiety. Nothing has worked.

I'm not worried because I know that God is in control and He is going to take care of everything. I want to laugh at how I feel, but cry all at the same time because it won't go away and there's really no reason for it that I can think of.

I can be happy about one thing...the doctor offered to give me a shot in the thumb/wrist area today and luckily the little man I watch saw him getting it ready and asked me why I was getting a shot. I told the doctor that I did not want one (basically because I'm like a small child and freak out panic when I get a shot). He said that I didn't have to get one and I thanked him profusely and declined. So much for acting like my age and being able to handle things like an adult! Oh well, I figure that one day I will be ok with getting them and be able to deal much better, but for now the panic that comes with the thought of needles and shots is too much.

I guess I'll just be taking it easy today and praying a whole lot to feel less anxious.

No comments: