Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting Fit- 30 Day Ab Challenge {Husband Edition}

Since I've been working on getting fit and healthy, my husband has been working on it too! It's so great to have such a wonderful support system at home and to know that he's in it with me and I'm not alone.

My husband and I each have our own different goals for getting fit. Mine is to lose weight and tone up and his is to take his super lean body and add muscle. I focus on more cardio and he's focusing on muscle-building exercises. Since I know more about fitness, he's enlisted my help to get him started. 

I've read that a few bloggers have had great results with the 30 Day/300 Ab Challenge so that's what I wanted him to start with first. I don't know about you, but I think that a man with toned abs is hot! So, with lots of guidance, my slightly uncoordinated husband got through the first workout. 

Every night since the first day, he's been religiously doing the Ab Challenge. I am so proud of him and he's already completed the first week!

Here are his results so far...

The picture on the left is Day 1 and the one on the right is Day 7.

As you can see, he's super lean. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures, but we can already see a difference! He's definitely getting more toned already and I'm so happy to start to see his abs coming through.

In addition to the Ab Challenge, he's now incorporating push-ups and squats alternating days to get more definition overall. 

My husband has inspired me to do the Ab Challenge and I have completed four days so far! Unfortunately, I have a little more fluff than my husband so my pictures won't show as much of a difference. 


A Mommas Desires And Pacifiers

1 comment:

Traci said...

My husband is doing this getting fit thing with me too and I agree, it's so nice to have that support at home. Backing each other up makes that road to success seem more possible. Awesome job!