Friday, August 3, 2012

Fit Fridays- Week 9

**I want to preface this by saying that I am on vacation and honestly have no clue what my weight is. With that being said, I'll more than likely do a post on Sunday or Monday with the weight/inches lost for this week.**

This week, we've been on vacation! My in-laws have a travel trailer and we get to pick a place for them to take us to every other year. This year, we picked Boston and my mother-in-law threw in Connecticut for a couple of days so we've been out and about a lot. Since we stay in a travel trailer, we have access to a refrigerator, freezer, stove, oven, and microwave to cook almost all of our meals. Knowing that I'm watching what I eat, my mother-in-law and I came up with a meal plan for the week that I was comfortable with. Of course, this meant that I've been doing most of the cooking, but that's A-Ok with me!

At the first campground {near Boston} it said that they had a fitness room. Of course, when I read that, I was stoked and packed up all of my workout gear to take with me. Unfortunately, it consisted of some broken down stationary bikes and a ghetto treadmill. Clearly, we did not use those machines. It was a safety violation and honestly, a little creepy.

Here's what we did...

Saturday
 We were in the car for 10-11 hours. It was a long day driving and I considered it my rest day.

Sunday
We attempted to go to the fitness room and realized that it was awful. So, we set out to walk around the little town we were staying in and ended up walking around three miles! Unfortunately, my knee hurt a lot so we took it easy for the rest of the day.

Monday
We all went into the city and attempted to walk the Freedom Trail and to see the Cheer's Bar. It was a lot of walking on uneven brick sidewalks and tons of hills. I was dying and it didn't help that my knee and back were aching. My husband and I rested while my in-laws went further, then we took the train to Fenway Park and saw a Red Sox Game!



Tuesday
Rest Day. My knee was hurting so much the day before that I was icing it like crazy at the game.

Wednesday
We went back into Boston and took a walking tour of Fenway Park. Lots of stairs and walking = a great exercise!
After the tour, we took the train to a different part of the city and did a 90 minute Duck Tour! It was so fun!


Another day with lots of walking and stairs to get my workout done for the day!

Thursday
We headed down to Connecticut on the short 1 1/2 hour drive. We were there by lunch time so my husband and I headed out to the Mystic River to go kayaking! I loved it and it was a fantastic arm workout. After dinner, we also decided to go swimming, which is one of our favorite things to do.

Friday
We haven't decided officially what we're doing today, but it will either be riding bikes around Mystic or walking around Mystic depending on the weather. Either way, we'll be out and about this afternoon being active and we'll hopefully go swimming tonight.

Diet
Even though we're on vacation, I've managed to stay within my calorie range each and every day! It was a lot of planning, but something that I'm 100% committed to so I'm glad that I did it.

I'm linking up today with...
All In My Twenties

1 comment:

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Good for you!! Vacation is my hardest time to eat well. Who am I kidding?!? Weekends are the same. Thats awesome that you stuck to it!!

Thanks for linking up with us!! We look forward to reading your weekly posts!!

-kristen