Friday, August 31, 2012

Our New Compassion Child!

If you knew me, you'd know that patience is not one of my strengths. You would also know that if you tell me approximately two weeks, I get antsy and anxious if it's a couple of days before that and I haven't heard anything. Even worse, is if it's later than what you said.

Ever since I called to be a correspondent sponsor, I have been checking my Compassion account every.single.day to see if our new child has been added. Every day I would check and every day no new child to look at. So what did I do? I prayed. I prayed for the child that God has for us. I prayed for this new child to know what we already love him or her. I prayed that we would be able to write a letter to them soon.

I was frustrated that we hadn't heard anything so yesterday, I decided that I was going to not stress out and just take a break for the day from checking for our child. 

I logged on today and low and behold there was another name added to our sponsorships.

Meet Larissa.

Larissa is 15 years old and lives in Brazil. Both her parents are working and are still married. Her birthday is coming up in December and she'll turn 16. Isn't she beautiful?!

I can't wait to get the official packet in the mail. I'm already thinking about what to write our precious girl and my heart is already exploding with so much love.

1 comment:

Nanny Chelle Says said...

Love her! I'm happy for you guys!