Thursday, March 21, 2013

Boy or Girl?


As soon as we found out we were having a baby, we knew we wanted to find out if it was a boy or girl. I mean, we already had names picked out and I couldn't wait to start sewing and thinking of all of the things we would want to get the baby. Knowing the sex makes it that much more fun to shop and plan!

We have our anatomy scan scheduled for the middle of April, but we knew that we didn't want to wait that long, but elective ultrasounds can be a little expensive. Plus, most of the ones in the area were at least an hour away and we wanted my husband's parents to be there as well so that would be a long trip.

After hours of looking online, I found a place 30 minutes away that would do the gender scan at 16 weeks. They are closed Saturdays, but open Sundays so it worked out perfectly since I was 16 weeks on Sunday and we could get everyone to go to lunch right after church and make a day of it.

My mom was wonderful and paid for the ultrasound for my birthday present. In turn, we elected to have the live streaming and have the video archived to be streamed for 60 days so that she could see it! It was one of the best decisions and made it so much more special to know that my family across the country could see exactly what we saw.

Once we were at the ultrasound place, we were called back shortly afterwards and I was asked to lie on a table while Phil was next to me on a rocking chair and his parents were on the couch. Gram came too so she was wheeled right in front of the big tv screen.

The tech started and found the baby immediately! It was great to see it wiggling around, but she couldn't get a good view of the goods. The baby was bending its legs so that she couldn't see anything. It took ten minutes of her wiggling my stomach to finally be able to see what she was looking for.

Finally, she took a still picture and told us...
We couldn't be happier!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to you guys! You now can say him and not it. It's a nice feeling.

Vanessa Miller said...

Yay! Congrats!!!