Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hospital Follow-Up

Saturday afternoon we found ourselves in the emergency room due to some bleeding. It wasn't terrible, but since I hadn't bled during this pregnancy at all, we wanted to make sure to get everything checked out.

I'm so glad I did because we were able to see the baby and get a ton of pictures on a disk. We also got to see the strong, healthy heartbeat which is always amazing. I also had to get the RhoGam shot. This is super important so that if my baby has a different Rh factor than I do, my body won't create antibodies against it which could be fatal for the baby.

I went and picked up my records yesterday at the hospital and had a follow-up appointment with my OB. I was happy to see him and hear what he had to say. 

We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat right away loud and clear. That is, by far, my favorite part of the appointment. I was so thankful that my husband was able to leave work early and go with me and he loves to hear the baby's heartbeat...he just lights up!

The doctor did an exam and said that everything looks good. He has me resting/taking it easy and on pelvic rest for the next two weeks until we have the next appointment. At that time, if the spotting has stopped, I can resume normal activities. He said anything that is happening now is old blood and to call if it continues. 

My doctor always puts me at ease and told me that we did the right thing by going to the hospital. He was happy that I got the injection to protect the baby and said that it could be caused from the cough or sometimes its just unexplained and nothing to worry about.

The main thing is that I'm not in pain and that it has pretty much stopped. Now, hopefully we can get this coughing under control, but the baby is fine.

One thing is certain, our baby wants to be here. It's strong and God has been faithful to continue to protect it.

2 comments:

Vanessa Miller said...

So glad to hear this news. The heartbeat is always my favorite part of the appointment. It never gets old!

Anonymous said...

So relieved to know you and baby are safe!! My hubby and I are trying for a baby and I feel like I have a million questions. Sorry if this is super personal, but what is "pelvic rest"? Ahhh! So sorry if that's embarrassing to ask, but that's what blog friends are for, right? <3