Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What's In A Name?

Naming this baby started long before we were pregnant. We started talking baby names back when we were dating. Of course, our taste has changed over time so none of the names we liked back then made the cut this time.

When we decided to try and start a family, the name game was back on. We went through many names and could only seem to agree on girl names. You see, my husband loves traditional names...Christopher, Thomas, and Zachary. I like some traditional names, but some that are a little more modern at times. No matter how hard we tried, we couldn't seem to come up with a boy name.

I remember being frustrated that we weren't getting pregnant and that we couldn't seem to agree on any boy names. So, I did what I do and I prayed...hard. After all, we started trying to get pregnant because I felt that God was telling me that it was time. I knew that I was going to be a mother, I just didn't know how or when.

With knowing that I was going to be a mom, I prayed and asked God to give me a name for a boy. He have me one and I was surprised that I liked it. Next, it had to pass the husband test. So, I approached him and asked what he thought of the name and of course, he loved it!

Now, we just needed a middle name. I did a lot of thinking and this one name just came to me. I knew this was going to be the name if we were having a boy. God provided it and nothing else compares.

When we found out that the baby was a boy, I was so happy and knew that this was God answering our prayer in His time and His way.

The name given to us for our child is...

Matthew James

Ironically, when I looked it up, his name means "gift of God"...isn't that incredible?!



4 comments:

Amber K said...

I'm catching up on blogs and love this name, good choice!(Matthew is my husband's name ;))Glad your pregnancy is going well!!

Unknown said...

Perfection!

Tristan said...

So exciting! A sweet little boy, God is great! I will love reading about your life with a boy :)

I adore the name matthew, it's my brothers name..we call him matt though.
Matthew is such a sweet and strong name!

Kathleen has always been a name on our list for girls..lol..although i'm sure we wont be using any other names for a long while if ever!

Sarah said...

this is a great name! love the meaning