Monday, August 9, 2010

What Happens When You Let Go and Let God...

Once upon a time... my life was full of drama, chaos, and uncertainty. I grew up in Southern California and lived there for 23 years. There was tons of drama and chaos in everyday situations. Even when it seemed like things were "good",  there was always something else that would happen right away to make things difficult. Uncertainty played a role in almost every aspect of my life...family, friends, relationships, school, finances, you name it! Growing up that way was definitely challenging, but it has helped to make me who I am today.

I remember thinking over and over again, "My life will never get to where I want it to be." It seemed that life would go in cycles and always end up at the same point. Unfortunately, that point was pretty close to rock bottom for me. It was almost like no matter how much effort that was put in to change the situation, it never got better. Then came Phil...

Phil was really, so unexpected. I had signed up for an internet dating website not expecting to find anyone, but after only a week or two Phil was "suggested" to me and the communication began! As we got to know each other, it was clear that he was nothing like any of my previous relationships. He was calm, intelligent, logical, level-headed, and really cared about the people around him on a genuine level. When we first met, I was the complete opposite: hyper, emotional, wore my heart on my sleeve, and over dramatic (me? never!), but despite all of these things it didn't take me long to realize that he was exactly what I needed.

Since meeting and being with Phil, my life has turned around completely. I know have certainty, stability, support, and feel unconditional love. What I thought I would never have has become my reality. Having him in my life has opened up doors that would have never been possible. I finally feel like this is where I belong and that my life is moving in a different direction from ever before.

When I look back over the past couple of years, I can't thank God enough for bringing me exactly what and who I needed at the right time. God has used our relationship to help us grow in so many ways and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us. But, for right now, I am content in what we have and the opportunities that are right around the corner.

No comments: