Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Delayed Reaction

A while ago I wrote this post about whether or not I should buy my dress. It was a big decision for me since the dress was being discontinued and since I've been losing weight I would have to guess on a size that could either fit or be altered enough to fit to be able to order it. After much deliberation, I decided that it was the right dress and bought it.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I made a phone call to the store to see if they had a color swatch for the dresses and found out that my dress had come in already! We weren't expecting it until late-September, but decided to go ahead and pick it up that day since they said they could have it ready. So, off to the store mom and I went with Phil's Gram in tow this time.

Once we arrived at the bridal salon I tried on my dress and Gram absolutely loved it! She wasn't there when we picked the dress and I knew she really wanted to be a part of it so it was great to have her share that experience with me. It was definitely different to try on my dress rather than a sample dress. I still really, really liked it and how it made me look, but with the long drive down there and my less than helpful consultant, I still didn't get that wow feeling.

We took the dress over to Gram's for safe keeping and while I was there the other day, helping her prepare for a family gathering, I decided to try the dress on again. There was no pressure to "feel" anything and I really wanted to try it on and guess what...I started to get a little emotional when I saw the dress on!  So, I'm thinking that with all of the stress and pressure to get that "wow factor" that for me, the feeling was just delayed.

I am really happy that I decided to buy my dress. I would have missed out on the right dress for me if I would have only gone by an initial "feeling" instead of what my gut was telling me. I wish I could post pictures here, but we dont' want to risk Phil seeing the dress before the wedding...but after the wedding, that's a different story!

No comments: